E3 2017 Day 1: Nintendo’s Announcements that Stole the Show
The 2017 Electronic Entertainment Expo or E3 2017 kicked off today (the 13th June) and is expected to end on 15th June.
E3 is like the New York Fashion week only that its focus is on the video game industry and its latest products (the best of course).
This year’s E3 conference event is taking place in Los Angeles California and organized by the Electronic Software Association.
Nintendo is perhaps one of the companies that made several of gamers’ dreams come true. We have been doing a lot of waiting but our wait has come to a happy end as the company announced some pretty pleasant coming soon’s.
There was a mention of Kirby, new Yoshi, new Pokemon games just to mention a few.
It’s time to break down the biggest announcement that got our attention. All of it.
- Expect a Kirby Game to come to Switch in 2018
- Rocket League is coming to switch. This is definitely some awesome news.
- Guess who’s getting a sequel on Switch this holiday? Xenoblade Chronicles 2
- Pokemon got us excited and now there is a new Pokemon coming to Switch. I am yet to meet someone who hated Pokemon so it’s awesome news (though this announcement was as not surprising).
- Metroid Prime 4 is coming to Switch. The day is finally here.
- There will also be a Metroid Game coming to 3DS. It will be out in September.
- A new Yoshi Game for Switch in 2018.
- As soon as June 30th, Breath of the Wild’s First DLC is coming.
- Something cooking for October too! Super Mario Odyssey Looks Weird And Good will be making its way to you in less than four months.
Nintendo definitely got the attention of gamers. It got them excited. Gave them something to include in their schedule, talk about, and connect with.
Brief History of E3
E3 is the primary retail showcase for the video game industry in North America. The Expo targets retailers and video game journalists.
The tradition has always been to have a press conference days prior to the event. This year, it was held on the 11thth June and 12th June. This is held by several big publishers where details of new games and products are provided.
The event this year opened at the Los Angeles Convention Center on June 13th.
During every E3 event, attendees get a chance to visit publishers’ and developers’ booths available to demonstrate their new games. Some publishers also hold closed-door presentations or are open to private interviews or demos of some products.
The event has always restricted attendance to members of the video game industry and the press but this year was different. E3 2017 offered over 10,000 public passes from February 2017 and it was sold out by Mid-May.
We will bring you other interesting announcements made at the E3 2017. The Nintendo news was too big to hold until the Expo is over. Good news should be shared as sharing is caring.