Mabati Rolling Mills Ltd (MRM) is the flagship company of SAFAL GROUP, which is the leading manufacturer of flat and long steel products in Africa. Safal was incorporated to consolidate the operation of several allied companies in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, South Africa, Zambia, Angola and Malawi
1. Electrical Technician
- Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Timely carry out Autonomous maintenance (AM) and Planned Maintenance (PM) in order to minimize downtime.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Ensure timely attendance to all electrical breakdowns.
- Ensure that the working environment is safe in relation to electrical installations and good housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Ensure proper utilization of available spares and keep record of used spares after appropriate services/repairs.
- Ensure work professionalism is adhered to and familiarize with existing production operation procedures.
- To ensure proper description, specification and quantity of machinery spares are forwarded to the store keeper for requisition as well as properly utilize available spares.
- Adherence at all times to all applicable department and professional standards.
- Diploma in Electrical or Electronic Engineering from a recognized institution of tertiary education.
- Minimum 3 year’s practical experience as an electrical maintenance technician in a busy manufacturing company.
- Proficiency in trouble-shooting, repair and servicing electrical installations.
- Able to understand and interpret electrical plan and drawings.
- Computer proficiency.
- Ability to understand and interpret plc basic ladder programs.
- Ability to work independently and exhibit right leadership.
- Ability to plan, prioritize workload in order to meet required deadlines.
2. Electrical Engineers
- Maintain electrical systems by providing electrical power to all equipment, offering engineering support and managing staff.
- Maintain current knowledge of maintenance methods and practices, including use of diagnostic equipment and procedures recommended by equipment manufacturer.
- Identify gaps in the maintenance processes and implement strategies to close gaps and to improve equipment reliability, sustainability, and reduce maintenance costs.
- Ensure the safe, efficient and accurate maintenance of equipment according to maintenance procedures, instructions and schedules.
- Provides engineering support by responding to requests for Electrical problems.
- Ensure equipment reliability and availability (safe and good condition at all times).
- Ensure effective preventive maintenance programs that will minimize service repairs in the long run, plan and maintain autonomous maintenance.
- Ensure proper planning in advance of major & annual shutdowns and resources are available for the same
- Synchronize maintenance processes with departments in the plant.
- Responsible for managing and completing all maintenance and repair requests from production in a cost effective and timely manner. This includes prompt response to breakdown to minimize down time, overtime cost and interruption of production.
- Timely documentation and records management as required by the business. This includes regular reports for maintenance issues and technical reports.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of health and safety legislation, standards, procedures, and practices.
- Conduct regular risk assessments and audits and identify high risk areas and initiate appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
- Identify, evaluate, plan, implement, and manage projects to improve equipment and safety performance, reduce costs, and ensure sustainability.
- Initiate, participate and implement improvement programs in maintenance.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering/Instrumentation &Control Engineering from a recognised University.
- Minimum 8 years experience in similar position in a busy manufacturing company.
- Knowledge in RCA methodology.
- Computer proficiency especially in PM module in SAP – ERP.
How to apply
Suitably qualified and eligible applicants should submit a comprehensive CV, together with a covering letter supporting the application to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 10th February, 2019. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com