Filling KRA tax returns your duty to do so under section 52B of Income Tax Act? Every financial year, many Kenyans become victims of the tax man’s wrath for the failure of filing their returns. Failure to file returns, including nil returns for those who did not earn taxable income during the year, now attracts a fine of Ksh 20,000 up from Ksh 1,000 with effect from June 30, 2017. The same applies to late filing i.e submissions made after June 30. That is enough money for monthly shopping in a mid-sized family.
Failure to submit KRA returns is a receipt of disaster as you cannot be issued with a tax compliant certificate, which is critical to access tenders or employment in the public service until you clear your penalties.
Here is what to do if you find out that you owe KRA over Ksh 300,000 yet you are not employed ? Well, the tax man is sometimes not as brutal as you may think. This money can be waived.
KRA Application Form for Removal of Tax Obligation
How to Apply For KRA Penalty Waiver
- make sure you remember well the mail address you used during registration. This will help you retrieve your KRA PIN and password in case you forgot it.
- Visit the official KRA website using the link www.itax.kra.go.ke
- Enter your KRA PIN number into the PIN box and click on Continue. Enter your KRA PIN password and key in the summation of the security stamp and click on Login (Be keen to enter the right password i.e don’t use lowercase if it is an uppercase letter).
- After login, you will see the menu label Debts and Enforcement. Click it once. It will reveal the Apply for Waiver for Penalties and Interests menu item. Click on it to enter the details required.
- Click on the Apply for Waiver for Penalties and Interests, under the page Choose Applicant Type as Taxpayer, and select Tax Obligation e.g. Income Tax Individual or VAT, then select Type such as penalty or interest or both.
- You will then need to choose each year that a waiver exists and enter the value you wish to request for waiver and finally click on Submit.
If you find this method cumbersome, you can call me on 0705 092 087 for assistance or physically visit any nearest KRA office and request for the same.
KRA Waiver Related searches:
- How to Apply For KRA Waiver
- KRA Waiver of Penalties
- KRA Waiver Application Letter
- KRA Waiver Form
- KRA Waiver Letter
- KRA Tax Waiver
- How to Apply For KRA Penalty Waiver
- KRA Penalty Waiver Application
I have been filling returns but this year i was shock being told that i have to pay two thousand…so i wonder….to make the matter worse i have been filling returns to kra offices in eldoret…except this year which i filed in Nairobi….hiyo penalty sita lipa hata mweke pesa ngapi because nilikaa kwa laini mpaka saa nane nikingoja ku file returns