The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) is looking for temporary registration officials.
Their role will be to support the Constituency Registration Officers and Assistant Registration Officers in carrying out voter registration 16th Jan-15th February 2017.
Applicants, who strictly meet the qualifications, should take note of the following before filling in their application online.
Voter Registration Assistants (VRAs)- 1, 775 Posts
Voter Registration Clerks- 15,686 posts
Constituency ICT Clerks – 580 posts
- The Voter Registration Assistants and ICT Clerks will be paid Ksh 1,200 per day for the number of the days worked
- The Voter Registration Clerk will be paid Ksh 1,000 per day for the number of the days worked
- Applications must be made only through this online platform.
1. Voter Registration Assistants (VRAs)- 1, 775 Posts
Minimum Requirements VRAs (Voter Registration Assistants)
- Be a Kenyan citizen of high integrity, and be non-partisan.
- Be a holder of a minimum of Diploma qualifications in ICT or other IT related field.
- Should have effective communication skills and good report writing skills.
- Must be available for the entire period of voter registration.
- Age: 21 years and above.
- Must be residents in the constituency and ward in which they apply for and must quote the same on the application letter and envelope.
Duties of the Voter Registration Assistant- VRAs
The Voter Registration Assistant is expected to work within a particular ward and perform the following duties:
- In consultation with the Registration Officer draw a BVR KIT Movement Schedule for the ward of his/her Jurisdiction
- Publicize BVR KIT Movement Schedule and all voter registration activities
- Distribute voter registration materials to the Voter Registration Clerks.
- Supervise Voter Registration Clerks within the Ward of jurisdiction
- Ensure security of the voter registration materials
- Collate and submit voter registration data to the RO on weekly basis
- Report the progress and challenges of the voter registration process to the Registration Officer on daily basis
- The Voter Registration Assistant MUST meet the weekly registration targets.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the Registration Officer
Visit the IEBC website for more details and directions on how to apply.
Next>> Voter Registration Clerks – 15,686 posts