Mobile App and Game Development is one of the most marketable information technology course that can earn you the best paying job in Kenya or in any part of the world. The Mobile App and Game Development industry is valued at over US$108.9 billion.
African Digital Media Institute (ADMI) interdisciplinary Mobile App & Game Development Diploma course teaches students how to approach problems as a developer, designer, and entrepreneur.
Students will graduate with a portfolio of human-centred web, mobile apps, and games designed for the global market.
COURSE DURATION: 5 Terms
CREDITS: Average of 7 units per term with 24 contact hours each
Our campus is fully equipped with three computer labs with Macs and PCs.
In order to ensure that you have access to the best software in the world, ADMI has invested in the following industry standard software:
- Autodesk suite
ADMI Admission Requirements
KCSE C- or above OR A-levels with 2 principle passes.
Basic computer proficiency is required.
Each course has its own specific requirements. Please enquire from the administration what requirements apply to the course of your choice.
Diploma in Mobile App & Game Development Course outline
- Photocopy of your ID or Passport
- A copy of your KCSE Certificate or Results Slip
- 2 Passport Photos
- Bank Slip
Download or fill the application form online here
A non-refundable application fee of KES 2,000 will be paid. This payment can be made via MPESA or Bank.
Diploma in Mobile App & Game Development Course outline>>
- Fundamentals of Computer Science (Java)
- Engineering Toolkit (python, GitHub)
- Intro to Android Apps (Java)
- Intro to iOS (Swift)
- Advanced Web Development (React.js)
- Fundamentals of Game Design
- Game Development (Unity C#)
- Fundamentals of Mobile Game Development
- Design Thinking
- Fundamentals of Design
- History of Design
- Human-Centered Design
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Character & Environmental Design
- 3D Modelling (Maya)
- Game Design
- Lean Startup
- Digital Marketing
- Growth Hacking
- Agile Project Management
*Programme units are subject to change based on the availability of local and international faculty.
By the end of the Mobile App & Game Development course, students will be able to approach problems from the perspective of a developer (hacker), designer (hipster), and entrepreneur (hustler). This unique perspective will enable them to design web and mobile solutions for the African market.
- Use computational thinking and apply algorithms to solve everyday tech problems
- Design and create normalized MySQL databases
- Design and develop well-designed web, mobile and game applications for an African market
- Learn to navigate multiple rounds of rigorous tech interviews for leading companies like Google and Facebook
- Solve the problem using design thinking and develop products using human-centered design principles
- Learn graphics and animation fundamentals, including Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop and 3D Modelling
- Identify UI/UX issues and develop codified solutions to improve the design
- Use lean startup methodology, digital marketing, and growth hacking to launch and grow a tech startup.
Earn Credentials Recognized By Employers Worldwide
Mobile App & Game Development students gain a competitive edge over their peers by earning Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certifications in:
• Visual Communications using Adobe Photoshop®
• Graphic Design & Illustration using Adobe Illustrator®
• Rich Media Communications using Adobe Animate®
• Video Communications using Adobe Premiere®Pro
ADMI instructors prepare students to successfully pass these exams through a curriculum that leverages Adobe Education learning resources, practice tests, and real-world applications.
To learn more about the certification exam visit:
African Digital Media Institute Jobs
According to Ad Age, the United States had 117,100 Internet-media jobs in July 2012, compared to just 76,800 in December 2007.
As a Journalism & Multimedia student, you’ll follow in the steps of outstanding journalists who have found success as writers, reporters and editors with newspapers, magazines, non-profit organizations, corporate communication departments and creative agencies.
At the completion of the course you can become as any of the following:
- Online Journalist
- Digital Marketer
- Web designer
- Graphic Designer
- Video Editor
- PR Practitioner
- Broadcast Journalist
- Television Presenter
- Newspaper Reporter
- Radio Presenter
- Radio Producer