Safaricom Maisha Ni MPESA Tu Promotion: Safaricom has announced a 10 week M-PESA promotion dubbed Maisha ni M-PESA Tu that will award over 9 million customers across Kenya with prizes being given away worth over Sh260 million.
The campaign will run on a regional level with daily and weekly prizes to be won.
The prizes include:
- 7 houses
- Over Sh110 million worth in daily and weekly cash prizes
- Over Sh100 million worth of data, SMS and airtime prizes
Customers will be awarded 10 points for every Ksh100 M-PESA transaction they do above Ksh100 which includes:
- Sending and receiving money via M-PESA
- Bank to M-PESA transactions/ Bank to Sacco
- Paybill transactions
- Buy Goods transactions
- International Money Transfer(IMT)
Points earned during the promotion will go towards the daily and weekly draws where customers stand the chance to win 7 houses and exciting daily and weekly cash prizes.
Customers will also be given weekly targets and rewarded with Data/SMS/Airtime based on the points they achieve against their target.
Customers can check their points, winnings and surprise rewards by dialing *444*0#
The promotion is open to all registered M-PESA customers and will run from 18th June to 26th August 2018.
How to Win Safaricom Maisha Ni MPESA Tu Promotion: Terms and Conditions
Here is what you need to know about Safaricom Maisha Ni MPESA Tu Promotion:
- By default, all active Safaricom M-PESA customers are automatically enrolled in the promotion. The keyword here is active. This is because those whose M-PESA accounts have either been suspended or frozen are not eligible to take part in the promotion.
- As such, one only needs to start transacting on M-PESA in order to get rewarded and, according to Safaricom, “increase their chances of being a winner”.
- For every Kshs 100 that one transacts on M-PESA, they get 10 points in the Maisha Ni M-PESA Tupromotion.
- The points are not transferrable.
- Sending and receiving money via M-PESA, making mobile banking transactions (bank to M-PESA), making payments via M-PESA (Lipa na M-PESA – Paybill and Buy Goods) and even international money transfer all contribute towards earning one points in the promotion. However, things like buying airtime for yourself (and others) and sending money to non-Safaricom subscribers won’t earn one any points. The same is the case for loan and savings products like KCB M-PESA and M-Shwari.
- The end goal is to win one of the 7 apartments on offer throughout the promotion even though, at this point, one of those already has an owner: Gikomba market metal artisan James Njagi Waweru who is the promotion’s first apartment winner.
- One can only redeem the weekly target rewards once per week throughout the promotion’s remaining 6 weeks.
- The promotion is not just limited to M-PESA customers. Even agents where we deposit and withdraw money from are in. For every Kshs 100 transacted through them, an M-PESA agent gets a point in the Maisha Ni M-PESA Tu promotion.
- Whereas agents are not in the running to win the apartments on offer, they stand to win cash prizes of Kshs 1 million.
- Those who are not interested in the promotion can as well opt out by dialing the promotion short code, *444*0#, and selecting the last option.
- There are daily and weekly draws for which Kshs 110 million in daily and weekly cash prizes is up for grabs. Another Kshs 100 million can be won daily and weekly in the form of airtime, SMS and data.