The Chinese consumer electronics company OPPO has launched OPPO F3 Barcelona Limited Edition in Kenya.
As the name suggests, the handset commemorates the partnership between the electronics company and the football club FC Barcelona.
The smartphone manufacturer has already released several Barcelona limited edition smartphones into the market.
The Barcelona Limited Edition does not disappoint our expectations since it rocks the club’s colors and Barca logo on the back.
The launch comes just a few months after the launch of F3 the selfie expert in Kenya. The handset’s nickname signals its ability to provide a good selfie experience thanks to its prominent dual front camera.
OPPO has promised that the handset would sport advanced technologies, innovative features, and a vibrant look. Is this the case with OPPO F3 Barcelona Limited Edition? Let’s find out:
OPPO F3 Barcelona Limited Edition Specifications
- Display – 5 inches, 1080×1920 (401-PPI) FHD Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Chipset – Mediatek MT6750T
- CPU – Octa-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU – Mali-T860MP2
- Memory – 64GB internal storage with microSD expandable storage (up to 256GB), 4GB RAM
- OS – Android 6.0 Marshmallow – based on ColorOS 3.0
- Primary Camera – 13 MP (1/3″ sensor size, 1.12 µm pixel size), f/2.2, with phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- Secondary Camera –Dual 16 MP (1/3.1″ sensor size, f/2.0) + 8 MP, f/2.4
- Battery – Non-removable Li-Ion 3200 mAh battery, VOOC fast charging
- Sensors – Fingerprint scanner, Accelerometer, proximity, ambient light
In case you were keen enough and have the memory of an elephant, the specifications remind us of the ‘selfie expert’.
Perhaps, the only big difference is that the Barcelona Edition comes with a unique Barcelona backpack as a gift.
One of the most disappointing things is that while OPPO has talked of a software upgrade, this does not include the Android version platform since Android Marshmallow remains.
It is fair to say that the update is simply the Barcelona theme and a color OS.
OPPO F3 Barcelona Limited Edition Price
The device is retailing at Ksh. 39,990. According to OPPO, the handset sold out within 48 hours.
The price tag is definitely a lot higher than that of OPPO F3 but the company justifies this by pointing out the evident upgrades in software (eye rolls).
In case you are wondering where and how you can purchase an OPPO F3 Barcelona Limited Edition unit, you will be disappointed to learn that the company will not be bringing new units.
The Limited Barcelona edition is quite the looker. It does sport a premium look and thus perfectly suits Barcelona fans.
The OPPO-FC Barcelona partnership is definitely strategic especially since some die hard Barcelona fans would purchase the smartphone based on its connection to the football club.
Would you buy this handset just because it is associated with FC Barcelona? Talk to us in the comments section.