Groove Awards Party
The highly anticipated annual concert and party takes place on every New Year ’s Eve. All year long, sold-out shows with soul-stirring performances by gospel artists have people jumping to their feet and always looking forward to a bigger concert to culminate Gospel music. These entertainers have brought gospel music to new heights and in no better way than to let the audience have an uplifting musical experience! Our goal is to present top quality performances and spiritual encounters to edify your life.
Groove Awards Camp
Led by the adage’ A CULTURE INFLUENCED FOR CHRIST BY ARTISTIC PEOPLE’ Groove camp seeks to enhance each artists talents to reach their full potential. The fun filled sessions also aim at creating Fun filled recreational team building activities too.
Initiated in 2013, Groove Camp, a 3-day annual forum, unites, equips and raises the standards of gospel musicians and gatekeepers. The camp draws more than 100 artists and 10 facilitators who tackle issues concerning the music ministry and industry.
The second Annual Groove Camp was held in April 2014 and featured new and seasoned gospel artists, many of whom were named nominees of the 2014 Groove Awards. Borrowing from the Groove Awards 2014 theme, ‘Let Your Light Shine’ (LYLS), derived from Matthew 5:16, the camp’s purpose was to ignite in the hearts and minds of artists, a conversation that will keep burning throughout the year.
Attendance at the Groove Camps is by application.
Groove Awards Tours
This Inspiration celebrated tour unites the youth of Kenya and their faithbased followers together for an incredible concert line-up with artists. It highlights talent within the regions and showcases talent from winners and nominees of Groove Awards over the years. The country wide tour wraps the series up at the mega Groove Party on every New Year’s Eve.
Each year, Groove Awards nominees stage performances in selected towns and cities in Kenya to popularize the upcoming awards and win the public’s favour. These events are sponsored by Safaricom and are broadcast to the public at a later date.
Groove Awards is the annual awards ceremony held annually in Kenya and now in Rwanda. It seeks to promote, expose and celebrate GospelArtists both in Kenya and East Africa. Groove Awards honours outstanding excellence in the Gospel Music Industry with artists in Production, Television and the various regions of Kenya.
Published on: Aug 27, 2016 @ 13:4
Groove Awards 2016 Winners
- Male Artist Of The Year – LJay Maasai
- Female Artist Of The Year – Mercy Masikaa
- Group Of The Year – Kelele Takatifu
- New Artist Or Group Of The Year – Mash Mwana
- Song Of The Year – Mercy Masika – Nikupendeze
- Worship Song Of The Year – Evelyn Wanjiru – Nikufahamu
- Reggae Or Ragga Song Of The Year – JFAM & Omari – Wave
- Hiphop Song Of The Year – Maluda (Feat. Juliani) – Easy
- Album Of The Year – Mercy D. Lai – Emmanuel
- Afro-Pop Song Of The Year – Magic Mike & Kris Erroh – Ayaya
- East & Central African Artist Of The Year – Christina Shusho – Tanzania
- Collabo Of The Year – Everlyne Wanjiru & Vicky Kitonga – Tulia
- Video Of The Year – Size 8 – Afadhali Yesu
- Gospel Radio Show Of The Year – Gospel Sunday – Milele FM
- Radio Presenter Of The Year – Eva Mwalili – Milele FM
- DJ Of The Year – Dj Ruff
- Talent To Watch – DJ Covenant
- Gospel TV Show Of The Year – The Switch – K24
- Song Of The Year Rift Counties – Pst.Samuel Somorei – Ashe Mpapa
- Song Of The Year Coastal Counties – Faith Mwikali – Ushindi
- Song Of The Year Eastern Counties – Stephen Kasolo – Ngai Niwukilasya
- Song Of The Year Western Counties – Timothy Kitui – Njingula
- Song Of The Year Central Counties – Phylis Mbuthia – Githe Tiwe
- Song Of The Year Nyanza Counties – Fenny Kerubo – Abasani B’ Omusunte
- Western Africa Artist Of The Year – Sinach – Nigeria
- Southern Africa Artist Of The Year – Joyous Celebration – South Africa
- Skiza ringback tone of the Year – Mercy Masika – Mwema
- Songwriter of the Year – Pitson
- Audio producer of the Year – Saint P
- Dance Group of the Year – Jims and Dims
- Video producer of the Year – Sammy Dee
- Outstanding contributor of the Year – Rap Community
Groove Awards 2014 List of Winners
- Male Artist of the Year is BAHATI
- Female Artist of the Year award goes to SARAH K.
- Skiza RBT (Ringback Tone) of the Year – Loise Kim
- Song of the Year – ‘Lingala Ya Yesu’ by Pitson
- Outstanding Contributor to the Gospel Music Industry – Kanyotu
- Songwriter of the Year – Sarah K
- Eastern Song of the Year – ‘Kitole’ by Stephen Kasolo
- Hip Hop Song of the Year – ‘Wannabe’ by Dee & Holy Dave
- Video Producer of the Year – Sammy Dee
- Radio Show of the Year – ‘Gospel Sunday’ on Milele FM
- DJ of the Year – DJ Mo
- Gospel TV Show of the Year – ‘Crossover 101’ on NTV
- New Artiste of the Year – L Jay Maasai
- Group of The Year – Nicholas Harmonies.
- Radio Presenter of the Year – Anthony Ndiema of Radio Maisha
- Album of the Year – ‘Kirathimo’ by Grace Mwai
- Best Song from Coast – ‘Ahadi za Bwana’ by Pastor Anthony Musembi
- Dance Group of the Year – Gospel Warriors
- Rift Valley Song of the Year – ‘Laleiyo’ by Ljay Maasai ft. Shiru Wa GP
- Video of the Year – ‘Mateke’ by Size 8
- Worship Song of the Year – ‘Hakuna Silaha’ by Sarah K
- Best Artiste from West Africa – ‘Uche‘ from Nigeria
- Audio Producer of the Year – Jacky B
- Nyanza Song of the Year – ‘Thuond Mula’ by Christine Otieno
- Southern Africa Artiste of the Year – Pompi from Zambia
- Lifetime Achievement Award goes to the late Peter Kaberere.
- Collabo of the Year – Ngai Ti Mundu by Betty Bayo & Mr Seed
- Western Song of the Year – Khwekanile by Geofrey Kwatemba
- Best Artiste from East & Central Africa – Solomon Mkubwa, Tanzania
- Central Song of the Year – “Busy Busy” by Betty Bayo
- Ragga/Reggae song of the year – “Live Up” by HopeKid.