Jobs & Careers
IEBC Jobs 2017, Online Application IEBC Jobs-iebc job application form for polling clerks
If you have been anxiously waiting for the announcement of IEBC jobs 2017, you are right on time:
The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) is seeking to hire close to 360,000 Kenyans Interested and qualified for temporary Jobs ahead of its August 8th General Election.
Listed IEBC jobs 2017 include the following positions: 91,032 presiding and deputy presiding officers and 262,665 polling clerks to man Kenya’s 45,516 polling stations.
Applications are invited for temporary positions for polling officials as follows:
- Presiding and Deputy Presiding Officers – 91,032 Posts
- Polling Clerks/ Counting Clerk Jobs – 262,665 Posts
- Logistics Officer Jobs – 337 Posts
- Deputy Returning OfficerJobs – 290 Posts
- Support Electoral Trainers (SETs) Jobs – 5,054 Posts
- Constituency ICT Clerk Jobs (580 Posts
- Ward-Based Voter Educator Jobs 2,900 Posts
1) Presiding and Deputy Presiding Officers – 91,032 Posts
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Conduct training on the polling, counting and tallying process for the clerks.
Collect and ensure the security of all election materials for the General election.
Oversee efficient and effective management of the election before, during and after of election.
Ensure the good conduct of elections in the polling station or tallying center as assigned.
Counting, tallying and announcement of provisional results in the polling station and sending the same through the online transmission to the National and Constituency tallying centers.
Ensure safe custody all entrusted documents during the 2017 General Elections, document hand over of all election materials and equipment to RO after the General Election.
- Be a Kenyan citizen of high integrity, and be non-partisan
- Be holders of Degree/ Diploma certificate from a recognized institution
- Be computer literate,
- Have effective communication
- Good report writing skills
- Ability to manage people, sensitive data, and materials.
- Have skills in data computation
- Must be available for the entire period of the General Election
- Must be residents in the constituency and Ward in which they apply for.
- Polling clerks/counting clerks – 262,665 posits
Presiding and Deputy Presiding Officers will be engaged for at least thirteen (13) days.
Presiding Officers will be paid Kshs. 2000/= per day
Deputy Presiding Officers will be paid Kshs. 1,800/= per day